My name is Rob and I’ve had an interesting journey in my career.
I started out as a software tester before becoming an Engineering Manager and then a Vice President in HR. Now I help managers in tech companies achieve agility in high performing teams.
I’ve scaled agile, reduced release cycles, coached and mentored managers, systematised development processes, trained the trainers, built strong consistent management procesesses, owned corporate communication and helped many people succeed in their career.
I started Cultivated Management to help others transition from being a maker to being a manager. I also didn’t want to end up like Big Bad Pete. I’ve always tried my hardest to be the best manager I can be. I’m still learning and trying and sharing these insights on this blog.
- I like food and 1980s/1990s cars. I generally post my photos of cars on Instagram.
- I’m the author of Remaining Relevant and The Employable Parent Brain – books for those looking to grow their career and find new jobs.
- I do keynotes and other inspiring talks.
- I love to run my Communication Workshop at events and in-house for companies.
- I write. Lots.
- 15+ years knowledge of testing and 8 year’s of blogging on The Social Tester has been condensed in to the Social Tester book.
- I run Web Testing Basics – a website with 36 ideas for those who need to test a website.
- I’m an avid reader and typically get through a book a week – I share my recommendations on the newsletter.