On this page you will find resources that will help you on your journey to becoming a great tech pro.
Blazingly Simple Guides
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Turning Around A Team
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Building A Support Team
- A Blazingly Simply Guide To Surviving A Conference (PDF)
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Thriving As A Software Tester
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Submitting To Conferences
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Personal Branding
- A Blazingly Simple Guide To Running Amazing Meetings
How To Thrive As A Web Tester
A book about thriving in your career as a Software Tester with 30+ ideas on how to test websites. It’s a book I wish I’d had 20 years ago. Find out more and buy the book here.
Join Our Company
A book about designing and building a WOW hiring and on-boarding experience. Is your hiring process causing candidates to say WTF, or MEH or WOW?
You have a choice – design for WOW or let it become less than the best.
Visit the Join Our Company page to find out more and buy the book.
The Employable Parent Brain
A book about how the Baby Effect (having a child dependent on me) drove me to take my career more seriously and take care of my future prospects.
The Employable Parent Brain – Buy it here
A free book about how to be an effective employee
Read more on the 10 Behaviour page
A book for those wanting to remain relevant, employable and productive
This book is a collection of over 100 articles from the last 8 years of The Social Tester blog.
I have picked the highest rated and the most visited articles as well as a few previously unpublished articles.
It represents 8 years worth of thinking about Software Testing and hiring good testers. If you’re into Software Testing then this book is for you. It’s a ton of value bundled in to a book.
- How to conduct a phone interview – A step by step guide for conducting outstanding phone interviews
- How to run an Appreciative Inquiry – A LinkedIn post outlining how to run one of my favourite, and most effective, types of meeting – an appreciative inquiry
- 10 Reasons Why Being A Scrum Master Sucks – Post outlining why being a scrum master sucks
- Article for The Testing Circus Magazine – An interview with me for this well known magazine for testers
- Article for UTest – Article for power house UTest on becoming a passionate tester and the power of social media.
- Testing Diet – How to go on a testing diet
- How to build a test team – How to build a test team
- The software bug – Run run as fast as you can – catch the bug
- The Brave Plastic Tester – The story of a brave plastic tester
- Social Tester newspaper – May 2009 edition of The Social Tester newspaper
- Social Tester newspaper – June 2009 edition of The Social Tester newspaper
Resources and Templates
One To One Form – The Cultivated Management 1:1 Form