Hi, I’m Rob Lambert
Welcome to cultivated management.
A cultivated manager is a manager who makes the hard job of management look easy.
They make it look easy but behind the scenes is a deep commitment to becoming a better person.
The ability of any manager is no more or less than the ability of the person. Hence the journey to becoming a better manager must be holistic. It must include every aspect of your life, not just management theory.
The essential guide to remaining relevant and employable.
My posts will help you to…
- Become a “Cultivated Manager” – someone who works hard to make the hard work of management look easy
- Become an effective employee and manager
- Achieve business success whilst still keeping hold of your team
- Develop yourself
- Improve the process and system you work within
- Hire the right people by creating an amazing recruitment process that will WOW candidates
- Treat people like people
About Rob Lambert
My first encounter with management was when I was 16. I worked in a supermarket for a manager called Big Bad Pete.
He was awful. A real tyrant.
People would literally fling themselves down stairs, or lock themselves in freezers, to avoid him.
He ran the shop with a command and control mentality. The problem was it didn’t work. His staff hated him. His numbers were dwindling. He shouted at customers. Good people left.
He’s why I swore I would be the best manager I could be.